Friday 7 February 2014

It Wasn't Me!!!!!

A whole week and no post after the very first! This has to be a joke. I berated myself for not dealing with my procrastination weakness as I resolved this new year but after 5 days, I knew it wasn't me. This is not the ‘adamic’ habit of pointing fingers, this is the truth. I am a stay-at- home mum, who cannot find time for herself. Housewives’ tale, you say.

I was reading a facebook thread and some chic called a housewife ‘lazy’, and I felt like stretching invisible hands to give her a sound knock on the head. I’m not the housewife type, infact I’m all for the career-loving woman and anyone who knows me personally will attest to that, but this is what I have to do now while I plan the next steps to take, and it is no child’s play.

As soon as my morning prayers are concluded, I hit the ground running until night plus I have  a toddler who makes it all the more fun.....you know how!
Why do stay-at- home mums always complain about being so busy when all they do is cook and clean? If our sisters who work outside the home are honest, they will tell you how challenging it is to do that and manage a home efficiently, or better still the opportunity costs of their careers! Someone I know likes to say, ‘something has got to give’ and this is so true for every married woman.
Yeah, I know the celebrities and unreal people will say you can have it all, but if we face the facts, there is always a price to pay and I like to say, it all depends on what makes you happy and what works for your family.

I started this blog so I can have something that makes me happy, you know what they say...happy mother, happy home...but it seems like I never find time to write. I hear I have to either wake up very early or sleep quite late, so I’m praying, hoping and wishing that Meg will start sleeping at a stretch, without her intermittent wakes at night so I can have  a functional brain early in the morning because nights are ruled out!!!! All I look forward to at night is a good massage from dear husband and a soft clean pillow to lay my head.


Pray tell, who would like to take my place just for a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment